Bret Fausett on ICANN Reform [according to Weinberg]
Date: Friday May 24 2002, @04:30AM
Topic: ICANN Staff and Structure
ICANN Blogger Supreme Bret Fausett has posted his own proposal for a new ICANN structure. He suggests that ICANN was headed in more or less the right direction before release of the Lynn plan. ICANN's structure, therefore, should stay pretty much the way it is now, with the following exceptions:
1. The Board should include six elected at-large directors;
2. A new ccTLD supporting Organization should get three directors of its own;
3. There should be an independent review mechanism . . . (more overleaf)
4. All Board meetings, whether in-person or telephonic, should be webcast; and
5. There should be an individual domain name registrants' constituency within the DNSO.
This discussion has been archived.
No new comments can be posted.