Attention Reporters: Stuart Lynn Wants to Talk to You
Date: Tuesday July 17 2001, @05:13AM
Topic: ICANN Staff and Structure
Under the headline "What Is The Future Of The Internet? 400 Million Internet Users Worldwide Last Year And Growing," ICANN's press office has released an announcement that the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) President/CEO M. Stuart Lynn is available for interviews in Washington D.C. August 15th, Wednesday until Friday, August 17th.
Seems he's "perfect for general news, business, technology," and prepared to speak on a whole list of topics, starting with "His vision and ICANN's role with the Internet". (And why alternate roots are evil.)
The other topics advertised are:
Reporters wishing to schedule an interview should contact: Mary Hewitt, 310-823-9358 x 5801; Email: Hewitt@icann.org.
- The future of the Internet from a global perspective
- What are the global issues of the Internet?
- How ICANN plans to keep the Internet functioning and stable
- New top-level domains
- What is the real "root" of the problem with additional domain
- Why standard root system is so important to the stability of the Internet
- Is the Internet running out of space in 5-10 years? Alternatives?
- What is ICANN doing for the international Internet user?
Of course, we'll be happy to suggest some people you might talk to either before or afterwards :>.
This discussion has been archived.
No new comments can be posted.