EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES (UNFAIR TERMS IN CONSUMER CONTRACTS) REGULATIONS 1995 - REGULATION 8
8. (1) The Director of Consumer Affairs (Ireland) may apply to the High Court for an order.
(2) The Director shall cause to be published notice of intention to apply to the High Court for an order under paragraph (1) of this Regulation in Iris
Oifigiúil and at least two national newspapers and in such further or other manner as the Court may direct.
(3) Every person claiming to have an interest in any such application shall be entitled to appear before and be heard by the Court on the hearing of the application.
(4) On any such application it shall not be necessary for the Director or any
such person to prove—
( a ) actual loss or damage, or
( b ) recklessness or negligence on the part of the seller or supplier.
(5) In the exercise of its jurisdiction under paragraph (1) of this Regulation
the Court shall take account of all the interests involved and in particular the public interest.
Next... the powers of "authorised officers" to investigate