ICANNWatch

- ICANN: Defending Our Precious Bodily Fluids
    - Ushering in Banality
    - ICANN! No U CANN't!
    - roving_reporter
    - DNS: A Short History and a Short Future

David Farber
    - Overcoming ICANN (PFIR statement)

A. Michael Froomkin
    - When We Say US™, We Mean It!
    - ICANN 2.0: Meet The New Boss
    - Habermas@ discourse.net: Toward a Critical Theory of Cyberspace
    - ICANN and Anti-Trust (with Mark Lemley)
    - Wrong Turn in Cyberspace: Using ICANN to Route Around the APA & the Constitution (html)
    - Form and Substance in Cyberspace
    - ICANN's "Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy"-- Causes and (Partial) Cures

Milton Mueller
    - Ruling the Root
    - Success by Default: A New Profile of Domain Name Trademark Disputes under ICANN's UDRP
    - Dancing the Quango: ICANN as International Regulatory Regime
    - Goverments and Country Names: ICANN's Transformation into an Intergovernmental Regime
    - Competing DNS Roots: Creative Destruction or Just Plain Destruction?
    - Rough Justice: A Statistical Assessment of the UDRP
    - ICANN and Internet Governance

David Post
    - Governing Cyberspace, or Where is James Madison When We Need Him?
    - The 'Unsettled Paradox': The Internet, the State, and the Consent of the Governed

Jonathan Weinberg
    - Sitefinder and Internet Governance
    - ICANN, Internet Stability, and New Top Level Domains
    - Geeks and Greeks
    - ICANN and the Problem of Legitimacy

Highlights of the ICANNWatch Archive
    (June 1999 - March 2001)

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
    Waiting for my .info domain to be usable | Log in/Create an Account | Top | 44 comments | Search Discussion
    Click this button to post a comment to this story
    The options below will change how the comments display
    Threshold:
    Check box to change your default comment view
    The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by Anonymous on Tuesday October 16 2001, @01:48PM (#2961)
    Well, even though there seem to be Afilias employees on this board refusing to acknowledge clear facts before them, I'll still point out that this, too, is contrary to Afilias's application to ICANN and their contract.

They promised to have all of this working beforehand.

And yes, I am a biased Image Online Design supporter, very happy to point out that IOD has had this stuff working for 5 years now. But facts are facts, regardless of my bias.
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by Anonymous on Tuesday October 16 2001, @02:14PM (#2962)
    VeriSign can probably put through the nameserver changes for you manually if they want to. That's what had to happen with another registrar for me to make an update actually work.

I still think Afilias owes us landrushers an expiration date extension. The 9/14 date on my *Two Year* registration is weeks short of an actual two year term.
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by Anonymous on Tuesday October 16 2001, @04:11PM (#2965)
    The ones that I got through DomainDirect seem to be working fine. I guess this one depends on which registrar you are using. heh.

Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by Anonymous on Tuesday October 16 2001, @04:33PM (#2966)
    Same here. So far, I can't use my domains from Verisign/NSI, Registrars.com, Namezero.com, 123Registration.com. No invoices, nothing.

I can use my .INFO names from Register.com, Bulkregister.com and CorporateDomains.com (but only if I email the DNS info to them. Can't change account information online with CorporateDomains.com.

Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by kodo (binaryloop@nospam.yahoo.com) on Tuesday October 16 2001, @07:02PM (#2973)
    User #21 Info | http://www.paradigm.nu/icann
    "Does anyone know what the problem really is?"

Well.... I can name that tune in 7 notes:

A - F - I - L - I - A - S
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by Ron_Bennett on Tuesday October 16 2001, @11:59PM (#2978)
    User #3011 Info | http://www.wyomissing.com/bennett/
    Three of my .INFO domains registered through VeriSign work perfectly and have submitted name server updates, etc with no problems.

However, the other five .INFO domains I registered through VeriSign are still lost in "space" so to speak like those of many other people. They are aware of my difficulty and have my problem in their "queue" and even issued me a case number - doesn't solves my problem, but at least I'm in their support system so I don't have to explain the entire problem again.

I was told about three days the other five would be in my account and working...week later and still waiting. I'm not really at all worried though about them not working...all my .INFO domains are just redirectors anyways. But still...
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by Anonymous on Wednesday October 17 2001, @03:51AM (#2981)

Mine works fine with Tucows. It's a matter of whether or not the Registrars understand how to code their client. Afilias is using EPP, a new, Registrar-Registry protocol, instead of the old RRP. This is presenting a problem for majority of Registrars who don't truly understand how to code a client based on a new specification.

With Tucows I have changed my name servers and within minutes the change made it through. There was some hassle before with regards to name server changes (changed in whois, not at Nominum) however that was fixed long ago.

Find a real registrar, the problem isn't Afilias. They had problems, they've fixed 'em. Now let's get the Registrars in line.
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by msr986 on Wednesday October 17 2001, @08:13AM (#2987)
    User #3019 Info
    I have the same problem with NS. I called them on Monday, they took my DNS information and said that they would make the change. They said it could take up to 5 days. Better than nothing!
    Mine work...
    by dtobias (dan@tobias.name) on Wednesday October 17 2001, @11:55AM (#2994)
    User #2967 Info | http://domains.dan.info/
    After some early glitches, the .info domains I registered through register.com and GoDaddy are functional and I can change the name servers online.
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by Anonymous on Thursday October 18 2001, @10:20AM (#3013)
    DomainDirect works (e.g. http://www.ohcanada.info) now (I am still waiting for answers to my questions about Oct1/2 registration problem refunds)

RegisterFly works (e.g. http://www.canadaeh.info) but only after I played with Domain Management until the nameservers showed up in Afilias WHOIS

DomainAlchemy (e.g. http://www.loonie.info) doesnt work yet, but nameservers are in WHOIS. It's probably too new.

Marco
    Re: Waiting for my .info domain to be usable
    by msr986 on Wednesday October 31 2001, @08:07AM (#3281)
    User #3019 Info
    UPDATE: today my .info resolves.
    Netsol finally figured it out!

Happy Halloween

Search ICANNWatch.org:

Privacy Policy: We will not knowingly give out your personal data -- other than identifying your postings in the way you direct by setting your configuration options -- without a court order. All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 by ICANNWatch.Org. This web site was made with Slashcode, a web portal system written in perl. Slashcode is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
    You can syndicate our headlines in .rdf, .rss, or .xml. Domain registration services donated by DomainRegistry.com