Here's the program:|
Tuesday, Nov. 13
.ORG Divestiture Working Meeting
The meeting on .org divestiture is for people who are seriously interested in developing an application, or in supporting or working with organizations that will submit an application to become the sponsoring organization of the new dot ORG. The meeting is informal.
* Kilnam Chon (co-moderator)
* Milton Mueller (co-moderator)
Civil Society meeting on Surveillance and Privacy
A panel discussion on recent events concerning security and reduced civil liberties in cyberspace.
* Toshimaru Ogura, Japanese Net workers against Surveillance Task Force (NaST)
* Bobson Wong, Digital Freedom Network (DFN)
* Sarah Andrews, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)
* Alan Davdison, Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT)
* Chris Chiu, ACLU (moderator)
Dialog with the At Large Directors
Informal roundtable discussion with the five elected ALM directors.
Lunch will be available for free beginning at noon.
* Ivan Moura-Campos
* Masanobu Katoh
* Andy Mueller-Maguhn
* Karl Auerbach
* Nii Quaynor (invited)
* Wolfgang Kleinwaechter (moderator)
Internet Privatization and the Newco Commitments
Panel discussion of the privatization the DNS and the creation of "Newco" (what became ICANN).
Speakers will debatge the extent to which policy commitments made in 1998 constrain today's decisions.
This program is still in flux. Tentative panelists are:
* Izumi Aizu (invited; Asia)
* European Commission
* Governmental Advisory Committee (GAC)
* U.S. Dept. of Commerce
* Boston Working Group
* IFWP Participant/organizer
Roundtable Working Discussion on the At Large Membership
Speakers are invited from groups that have made comments on the ALSC recommendations. The format has been left open so that we can adapt to developments that occur at the Sunday and Monday meetings.